RackN is an infrastructure-as-code (IaC) software platform that helps companies build end-to-end automation and workflows for any type of infrastructure across every type of system that they have to integrate. In this episode of 2023 Predictions, Co-Founder and CEO Rob Hirschfeld shares his industry forecast for the new year.
Hirschfeld sees the following hot topics for 2023:
- Platform engineering and the tooling that supports it
- Software interconnect layer or computing interconnect layer, i.e., taking next-generation PCI bus and actually connecting systems together in a converged way
- ARM processors
- More direct competition as well as collaboration between cloud providers
Enterprises will be challenged with
- Not having enough time to implement hard projects due to economic constraints and shifting markets
- Finding and retaining talent. Some of the skills needed to do the type of platform engineering, high-scale automation, and distributed control work are specialized.