Backslash Security has announced the general availability of its Application Security Posture Management (ASPM) platform for enterprise AppSec and product security teams. The solution weaves together ASPM capabilities with core AppSec functions including SCA, SAST, SBOM, VEX and secrets detection in a single, visualized platform. It is the sole ASPM solution available that not only seamlessly detects vulnerabilities across multiple fronts, but also offers built-in technology to prioritize them according to their reachability and exploitability.
By seamlessly integrating native risk assessment with reachability analysis, Backslash unveils otherwise concealed risks, and provides a comprehensive view of the highest risk vulnerabilities and their real world impact. Key features and benefits include:
- In-depth reachability analysis: Prioritizes the most critical OSS vulnerabilities and code vulnerabilities by pinpointing risks that are actually reachable and exploitable, drastically reducing alert noise and allowing security teams to focus on genuine threats.
- Native security analysis (signal) detection: Identifies critical risks natively within the Backslash platform to give AppSec and product security teams a single, comprehensive and consolidated viewpoint.
- Toxic flow analysis: On average, Backslash identifies one critical toxic flow for every 100 security alerts produced by other AppSec tools, reducing alert fatigue and enabling AppSec teams to fix the most high risk vulnerabilities first. Toxic flow analysis allows Backslash to provide Risk-based Vulnerability Management (RBVM) and prioritize risks based on their exposure and business context.
- Automated vulnerability & threat modeling: Automatically visualizes the architecture, security findings and threats associated with the application.
- Remediation at the root: Precisely targets the right developer for each code fix, complete with crisp evidence to reduce remediation and triage MTTR (mean time to recovery).
Backslash solution is now generally available, and is also available on the AWS Marketplace.
Backslash has also released an ASPM eBook, entitled Navigating The New Frontier: The Makings of Application Security Posture Management (ASPM), available for download here.