Docker and JFrog recently announced a partnership to bring together the work both companies are doing and offer an integrated experience to developers. This partnership sets the foundation for ongoing integration and support to help organizations increase both the velocity and quality of modern app development. We hosted Shlomi Ben Haim, Co-Founder and CEO of JFrog and Scott Johnston, CEO of Docker, to discuss this partnership and how it really impacts a developer’s workflow.
Here are some of the topics we discussed:
- Johnston and Ben Haim talked about the scope of this partnership and why they are doing it now.
- Docker and JFrog have already been working together; what’s new with this partnership?
- The pandemic has accelerated the digital transformation journey that organizations are going through. Also, the cloud-native adoption has kind of moved out of the hype cycle and it’s settling down. How does this partnership help the companies who are embarking on their cloud native and digital transformation journeys?
- What does the actual developer experience look like after this partnership?
- How does this partnership strengthen the direction Docker took last year by selling the business unit to Mirantis and returned its focus on pure developer experience?
- Docker triggered the cloud-native/container movement. Now looking at 5G and edge computing, what role are Docker/JFrog going to play in that space.
- What trends do you see in the cloud-native/container space?