Recently GitHub upped its security game by adding new native cloud features within GitHub Advanced Security to help automate security directly into the developer workflow and keep code secure. In this episode of “Secure IT”, we sat down with Grey Baker, Director of Product Management at GitHub, to discuss how GitHub is baking security into developer workflow.
Key highlights of this interview:
* Security is no longer an afterthought. It’s now part of the developer workflow.
* What lead to this change?
* What kind of tools is GitHub offering to developers for security?
* How GitHub provides users the flexibility to integrate their own tools while leveraging those provided by GitHub.
* What is Code Scanning?
* What else is GitHub doing in the security space?
* Security is a supply chain problem. How to solve it?
* Collaboration with CNCF and Linux Foundation
GitHub is a software development collaboration platform. As the home to more than 50 million developers from across the globe, GitHub is where developers can create, share, and ship the best code possible. GitHub makes it easier to work together, solve challenging problems, and create the world’s most important technologies.
Learn more about Code Scanning