We are starting a new series with Rob Hirschfeld, CEO and Co-Founder of RackN, around Infrastructure as Code (IaC). In the first episode of the series, we took up the topic of how to sell Infrastructure as Code to your boss. Hirschfeld shared a six-point approach to it and also went deeper into explaining these six points.
Here is a summary of the topics we discussed:
- How would you define Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and why does it matter?
- When you say infrastructure, what exactly are we talking about here in a hybrid, multi-cloud world?
- When we talk about building our strategy around IaC, we also need to set some expectations. What are those expectations?
- Can you share your six-point approach to building a successful IaC strategy?
- We went deeper into each of these points. I tried to understand how to improve ‘visibility’.
- We then talked about compliance.
- What does moving faster mean and how to safely achieve that?
- How does Rob define predictability and how to achieve that?
- How to improve collaboration?
- He also stressed on reducing the bus factor.
Enjoy the full discussion above.
Transcription coming soon…