Laminar, the data security platform, has announced new features in the cloud-native Laminar Data Security Platform, which make it the only pure-play DSPM that provides comprehensive enterprise-wide multi-user capabilities to address the needs of all data security stakeholders. New features include the Laminar Executive Data Landscape Dashboard, enterprise-class RBAC support, secure data preview capability, data taxonomy customization, compliance-based data segmentation and scalability for huge cloud data deployments.
The Laminar Platform enables executives to view the risk to the entire organization by various attributes such as business unit, environment, geography, application team and data type. It allows data security practitioners to zoom in and understand the sensitivity level, ownership, volume, usage and explanation of each data finding. This is accomplished through the following new and unique features:
- Laminar Executive Data Landscape Dashboard – The Laminar Executive Data Landscape dashboard highlights data risk, exposure and sensitivity across all business units, accounts and environments so that centralized data security teams and CISOs can instantly see where the biggest security gaps are. Data security teams can also filter and group accounts by common security requirements and posture — focusing attention where it’s most needed.
- Best-in-class RBAC Support – The Laminar Platform ensures only authorized users can view or edit data policies or take remediation actions in the Laminar app and administer the system. For decentralized organizations, security and compliance teams can also segment and assign permissions based on account group to further filter access by attributes such as business unit, sub-tenant, account, data sensitivity, geography, etc. in addition to the user role. This allows granular filtering of views and permissions to fit the unique organizational structure and risk profiles of respective business units.
- Securely Validate Data Samples in Collaboration with Data Owners – The Laminar Platform eliminates false positives and unnecessary Dev requests by allowing data security teams to securely validate data samples with data owners prior to fix escalation, without further exposing any data unnecessarily. The platform never removes data from the customer’s environment. Data sample preview occurs via encrypted, locally hosted, auto-deleting snapshots exposing only anonymized user-selected data elements temporarily to data owners, while masking sensitive data, exclusively.
- Data Taxonomy Customization – The Laminar Platform can be customized to align with your enterprise data taxonomy, including custom data types, tailored policies and custom sensitivity levels when classifying data to match each company’s data language and automate custom policy verification. In this way, personalized data findings and alerts are more readily understood and actioned by responsible data owners within the business.
- Easily scalable for Huge Cloud Data Deployments – The Laminar Platform can easily scale to huge cloud data deployments with thousands of data stores and petabytes of data, across all of the major cloud service providers (CSPs) and leading data warehouses. The platform was built to deploy tens of thousands of accounts, autonomously, without a corresponding increase in administrative effort.
- Compliance-based Data Segmentation – Laminar can segment data, enforce policy and report on compliance based on the leading regulatory and compliance frameworks (CDMC, CPRA, CIS, PCI, HIPAA, GDPR, etc.). This reduces the burden on GRC teams when it comes to audit time.