New Relic, the all-in-one observability platform for every engineer, has announced CodeStream code-level metrics and service-level telemetry to deliver insights into software performance all the way down to the code level, allowing developers to quickly identify issues before they hit production and accelerate engineering velocity. By bringing telemetry data to where developers build and flow, they can access meaningful data without leaving the Integrated Development Environment (IDE), relying on operations teams, or waiting for customers to report issues.
New Relic CodeStream powers the future state of observability for developers by bringing telemetry and tools together in the IDE, allowing for always-on visibility into all metrics, deeper analysis, faster mean time to detection (MTTD), mean time to resolution (MTTR), and shorter development cycles. Capabilities include:
- Deploy in all core languages: New Relic CodeStream now supports all core languages, including: .Net, Java, PHP, Python, Ruby, Go, and Node.js.
- Monitor code-level performance: Telemetry metrics are displayed as a line of text above each instrumented method for speedy troubleshooting.
- Access service-level performance: Golden metrics for related services are easily surfaced to identify issues faster.
- Track performance against service-level objectives: View service performance against predefined targets to ensure overall service health.
- Data-driven code-reviews: Crucial telemetry data is displayed within pull requests and feedback requests to improve code in production.CodeStream code-level metrics and service-level telemetry are included at no additional cost to all New Relic full platform and core users. For more information, visit https://newrelic.com/codestream or check out our blog.