New Relic, the all-in-one observability platform, has announced the public preview of New Relic Interactive Application Security Testing (IAST). New Relic IAST goes beyond incumbent security testing solutions by providing continuous visibility and context into security findings, advanced detection accuracy with near zero false positives, proof-of-exploit, and guided remediation to eliminate vulnerabilities before deploying applications to production.
New Relic IAST can help software engineers and security teams solve these issues by providing much needed visibility and rapid detection while nearly eliminating the false positives found in other application security testing methods. It leverages the New Relic patented deterministic technique to identify and provide automated vulnerability validation with proof-of-exploit, which reduces noise and enables more effective and faster remediation.
Key features and benefits include:
- 360 visibility: View the application stack and associated relationships with context-driven insights to reduce blind spots and validate remediation efforts.
- Reduce false positives: Advanced detection accuracy, risk-based prioritization, and automated vulnerability validation ensure teams focus on real security risks.
- Proof of exploit: Find, fix, and verify exploitable vulnerabilities with dynamic assessment capabilities that pinpoint the source of vulnerabilities by simulating real-world attacks.
- Accelerate remediation: Guided remediation, guardrails, and status tracking help developers avoid critical mistakes across the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Scale at will: Easy deployment via existing APM agent and seamless integration with CI/CD pipelines and ticketing systems prevent disruption of existing processes and workflows.
New Relic IAST is currently available in public preview as part of the New Relic platform. The public preview comes with a free 90-day trial period to bring the power of observability and security to every engineer, driving platform adoption and increased data flow into the New Relic platform.