Traefik Labs, creator of the popular Traefik ingress controller, today announced the general availability of Traefik Hub, the industry’s first Kubernetes-native API management for publishing, securing, and managing APIs with support for Traefik and third-party ingress controllers including NGINX, HAProxy, Ambassador, and many others.
Announced as a beta in April, Traefik Hub addresses the challenges and limitations of traditional API management by providing a true Kubernetes-native experience with full GitOps compliance for simplicity, automation, and security. With Traefik Hub, engineers can continue to use their preferred ingress controller along with other test and security technologies to build great APIs and applications.
Traefik Hub has been built from the ground up to deliver outcomes aligned with the following design principles and goals:
- Freedom of Choice: Traefik Hub offers choice across multiple dimensions: users can choose any leading ingress controller, including Traefik Proxy or third-party solutions like NGINX. Users can also standardize their Traefik Hub installation across multiple deployment environments, including on-premises, managed Kubernetes in multi-cloud, and edge.
- DevOps-first Mindset: Traefik Hub is a modern solution that embodies a DevOps-first mindset. Initial configurations and ongoing changes can be expressed as code and deployed through GitOps and CI/CD friendly workflows.
- Security-first Mindset: Any modern API management system would be incomplete without addressing the notion of APIs becoming a new attack vector and ways to mitigate these emerging attacks. Traefik Hub offers robust security features such as Role Based Access Control (RBAC), and support for modern industry-standard authentication and authorization mechanisms like OAuth 2.0 and JSON Web Tokens (JWT).
- Kubernetes-native Approach: Traefik Hub provides a Kubernetes-native approach through deep integration with the Kubernetes API. Starting with the auto-discovery of existing microservices, Traefik Hub leverages familiar and powerful Kubernetes objects and primitives such as Custom Resource Definitions (CRDs), labels, and selectors to create, manage, and secure APIs at scale.
- Quick Time to Value: Traefik Hub control plane provides a simple and intuitive point-and-click experience for users who are just getting started with publishing APIs in a single or multi-cluster Kubernetes environment, while also giving advanced Kubernetes users access to its full automation and GitOps capabilities. This dual operating model accelerates Kubernetes-native adoption and maximizes business agility, giving organizations unprecedented speed and scale in launching new APIs and services.
Sign up for a trial to test Traefik Hub API management.