Transposit recently added new on-call capabilities to its end-to-end incident management platform. Transposit On-Call harnesses artificial intelligence (AI) to help automate the workflows and cut down on fatigue due to false alerts and to provide more context on the alerts so that people don’t have to start from zero.
In this episode of TFiR: Let’s Talk, Ryan Taylor, VP of Customer Success and Solutions Engineering at Transposit, talks about their new announcement about adding on-call capabilities. He also takes us through the evolution of incident management and what sets Transposit apart from its competitors. Taylor goes on to discuss the key features of Transposit and how it can help solve some of the challenges of incident management.
Key highlights from this video interview are:
- Taylor provides us with an overview of Transposit, telling us it is an incident management platform focused on the automation of getting started. He talks about what sets their platform apart from others, such as the initial signal in a JIRA ticket or Slack notification not just being an alert but a resolution.
- Incident management used to cause a lot of fatigue over false flags, yet automation can help to prevent this by getting contextual information and even taking a resolution step before needing for anyone to be paged. Taylor talks about the benefits of this approach.
- Taylor discusses the evolution of incident management from an observe and report type of mechanism with a dedicated team focused on that, to now where we are moving the issue closer to the people building the service, who could impact the resolution. He explains the effect this shift to deeper ownership for the engineering team has had on customers.
- The company recently announced Transposit On-Call, which enables you to escalate to an additional resource in your workflows, be that a person, team, or service owner should an alert lead to an incident. Taylor explains how the paging services provide context on the alert or incident so that you do not have to start from zero.
- Taylor feels that competitors like incident.io are great for getting started. However, Transposit goes a step further, empowering the users to be able to declare an incident, investigate an incident, escalate it, communicate throughout the incident, and mitigate or remediate it so that the pain is not felt by the customer.
- One of Transposit’s key features is their AI teammate and Taylor summarizes the key benefits of it. Firstly, it listens and watches the conversations that occur when you are going through an incident to provide context. It also assists with post incident reviews summarizing key events that took place during the incident. Thirdly, AI Teammate acts as a recommendation and suggestion engine.
This summary was written by Emily Nicholls.