Axis has released its most comprehensive Security Service Edge (SSE) platform to date, the 2022 Atmos Winter release. With this release, Axis showcases new Security Service Edge (SSE) capabilities such as IPSec tunnel support for both Secure Web Gateway (SWG) and Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA) traffic, smart routing, malware scanning, unified Data Loss Prevention (DLP) across external and internal resources, and more to further strengthen end-to-end security for enterprises.
SSE is just as much about networking as it is security. Atmos now offers:
- Smart Routing – Atmos uses telemetry data to automatically route traffic through the fastest path, and on a per session basis, to boost business productivity. By leveraging the combined power of AWS Global Accelerator, Google Cloud, Oracle, and now Azure, Axis provides two to three times the redundancy of other SSE vendors. This results in the fastest access possible for users, and automatic failover, should a public cloud service go down.
- Atmos Local Edge – While many apps are in the cloud, there are business resources that will continue to run on-prem and are latency sensitive. Introduced today, Atmos Local Edge gives on-prem users lightning fast access by eliminating the need to hairpin traffic out to the Internet first. This is the perfect solution for hybrid work scenarios, and for overcoming access challenges in regions like China, Africa, and South America.
- Point of Presence (PoP) Desert Initiative – Axis’ PoP Desert Initiative automatically scales to customer demand by deploying new PoP locations in under two hours using Terraform templates designed for any public cloud provider.
- Ransomware protection – The Winter Release hardens Atmos Web Gateway’s security capabilities by adding malware scanning for files, on top of SSL inspection, and combines with Atmos ZTNA to protect the business from potential ransomware events and propagation across the network.
- Unified DLP and control capabilities across SWG, CASB, and ZTNA – For the first time, governance risk and compliance leaders can gain visibility into the end-to-end data journey. This allows them to see internal resource access events and determine when specific users attempt to exfiltrate data to external email or file share apps. They can also remain in control over what data can be transferred using new advanced Atmos file content control and Atmos file metadata control features.
- Support for Microsoft Managed Desktop – Atmos is now the only SSE service that fully supports Microsoft Managed Desktop, allowing MMD customers to easily secure access to business resources from MMD-managed desktops without any hassle. and securely empowering a connected workplace experience for end users.