Amberflo is a metering platform that enables companies to build and deploy usage-based pricing and billing. In this episode of 2023 Predictions, Co-Founder and CEO Puneet Gupta shares what’s on his industry radar for this new year.
In 2023, Gupta predicts:
- The rise of product-led growth (PLG), i.e., put your product out and then invite prospects into the product. This eliminates the traditional sales cycle where the company needs a salesperson to provision the account, bring in the prospects, give them an experience, and provide a path forward.
- Usage-based pricing will be required for PLG.
- The death of subscription, mainly due to subscription fatigue (no system to account for number of subscriptions, renewal cycle, number of subscribers) and overhang (every step entails a negotiation process — initial subscription, renewal, cancellation).
This year, Amberflo will focus on:
- Growth and customer traction.
- Bringing awareness to companies on why usage-based pricing is the best option for both sides, especially in an economic downturn. It’s a win for their customers: no need to unsubscribe or cancel, just dial down their usage. It’s a win for the business: no need to restart the whole sales cycle with new customer acquisition costs because the customer is still onboard, just dormant for the time being.